New York, NY, US
New York, NY, US
Asset Protection Agent Full-Time
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Asset Protection Agent is responsible for protecting the assets of DSW, helping to maintain a safe business environment and monitoring and enforcing associate compliance to Company policies and rules of conduct. You will be responsible for promoting shortage prevention and awareness as well as as working to detect and apprehend shoplifters and other customers who commit thefts and/or fraud while on DSW premises. Reports to Loss Prevention Manager. No direct reports. Must possess the ability to:
- Complete all Loss Prevention training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law.
- Understand and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions and the preservation of evidence.
- Under direction of Loss Prevention Manager, train new associates on LP standards, company policies, theft deterrence and shortage awareness.
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters and other customers who commit fraud against DSW in compliance with company standards.
- Serve as support to store management to ensure safe work environment.
- Prepare complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, and safe work environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on company apprehension guidelines.
- Must be able to stand/walk sales floor for entire shift.
- Special State Police Officer (SSPO) is a plus
- Possess general operating knowledge of retail security camera equipment.
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriate to retail business needs.
- Prior Loss Prevention/Security experience a plus.