Asset Protection Manager: Brooklyn (Downtown)
Country : USA
County : Kings County
Town : NEW YORK
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Oversee all aspects of the Security operations in support of the company profit objectives and customer service goals.
- To protect and monitor company assets, alarms, property, employees, and visitors through the enforcement of Company and Security Policies.
- Hire, train and supervise the Security Staff.
- Communicate with Facility Management and MSC Asset Protection on shortage/security issues. Recommend solutions as necessary.
- Identify causes of shortage within the building to include the investigation of possible internal and/or external dishonest activity.
- Insure that all Corporate Security Policies and Procedures are being followed.
- Secure and monitor the movement of trailers in and out of the facility.
- Any other responsibilities management deems essential.
- Responsible for the management of Security fulfillment operations including but not limited to staff communications, staff balancing and work assignments, work scheduling and processing, throughput levels, and processing standards.
- Development and management of departmental budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that department meets or exceeds performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer service and execution to plan.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Manage and develop direct reports toward individual growth and performance excellence.
- Ensure consistent, thorough timely communication to subordinates, peers and senior management.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals for security staff.
- Provide a safe work environment for staff. Develop and enforce safe work practices.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Willing to work extra hours, nights and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Macy's systems including: Receiving, RDS, BTR and FEDFLO, STELLA, WM (Warehouse Management).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- Ability to make good decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent Leadership. Responsible for leading and providing direction to a team of hourly associates.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Organizational skills.
- Leadership/teamwork skills.
- Negotiating skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Possession of highest degree of business ethics.
- Sense of Urgency.