Assistant Art Director
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
The AssistantArt Director will support and assist the Omnichannel Creative Teams with work that supports the Company's marketing efforts, from seasonal creative concepts and execution to ongoing programmatic campaigns and initiatives. This position reports to a Senior Art Director or Senior Creative Manager.
- Create compelling design for print and digital assets, social media and special projects that achieves the Company's priorities of promoting immediate sales, achieving fashion and brand image goals, and appealing to customers through compelling visual storytelling
- Develop original, yet appropriate, concepts and maintain consistency across channels
- Become a student of retail-follow and analyze competition in order to differentiate, and identify design trends in the retail industry and beyond
- Use data and insights and effectively apply them to creative executions that drive action on the part of
- our customers
- Collaborate with direct manager, art and copy team members and project management to ensure details of assignments are met, are on-brand and well designed while achieving the stated goals of the project
- Effectively communicate with direct manager to meet deadlines and requirements of the work
- Check projects for accuracy, consistency, and correct use of brand guidelines before submitting for review by Creative Director
- Manage workload to meet established deadlines
- 1-3 years experience in art direction, graphic design and/or production.
- Must be proficient and model best practices in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience with Adobe After Effects a plus.
- Strong typography skills demonstrating close attention to details such as size, message hierarchy, kerning and leading
- Keen eye for photography, cropping and composition
- Insightful sense of color with an understanding of foundational principles of design
- Curiosity, eagerness, dedication, and accountability
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and adaptable to change