Assistant General Manager
Country : USA
State : Arizona
County : Maricopa County
Town : Phoenix
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Are you're experienced in moving goods and moving people - a true team leader who can motivate and inspire Associates and Managers alike to reach their maximum leadership potential? If so, TJX would like you to join our Distribution Leadership team. TJX offers tremendous growth potential in our expansive distribution network, exceptional benefits, work/life balance and an excellent relocation package for qualified candidates.
TJX Companies is seeking an experienced Assistant General Manager for one of our fast-paced Distribution Centers. The ideal candidate has run a large (1M+ sq. ft.) high-volume warehouse distribution center operation and has a progressive track record of driving operational efficiency and results. Exceptional interpersonal team leadership skills are essential too, as you'll oversee a staff of 300+ hourly Associates and supervise up to three Area Operations Managers.
The Assistant General Manager will:
- Support multiple set shifts at Distribution Center
- Ensure safe, efficient warehouse facility operations by advocating safety training & accident preparedness
- Meet or exceed volume and department productivity goals
- Have the ability to analyze and make staffing adjustments to respond to work flow
- Adhere to proper work methods and safety & union standards
- Maintain & continuously improve cost-efficiency and facility performance
- Actively coach, counsel, challenge & inspire staff to facilitate growth and development
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships across all levels of departments in order to implement strategic solutions
- Foster and reinforce a positive, collaborative environment that respects and values diversity
The Assistant General Manager must have:
- 7-10 years of related experience directly reporting to Sr. Managers
- Experience overseeing large, diverse teams of 300+ hourly Associates
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies & procedures clearly
- Strong computer skills including WMS, Windows/MS Office (Word & Excel)
At TJX, we've built a reputation for finding ways of giving our Associates what they need. After all, they're the reason for our success. That's why we believe in creating a dynamic work environment where Distribution Center Associates can find themselves part of the team, fitting right in from the start. Here, your teamwork efforts will be encouraged and recognized along with your leadership abilities. You'll also enjoy exception benefits, including a variety of training and development programs and exciting career path opportunities.
You can also feel good knowing that Marshalls is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
General Manager, Warehouse, Merchandising, Manager, Fashion Retail, Management, Manufacturing, Retail, Fashion