Assistant Vice President Global Communications
Country : USA
State : Massachusetts
County : Middlesex County
Town : Framingham
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
is a key role reporting to the Vice President of Global Communications and is based in our Framingham, MA headquarters. With a strong attention to detail, the AVP will be accountable for the successful formulation and execution of the corporate communications strategies intended to support the business initiatives of our dynamic, growing global business!
The AVP will be part of a highly visible communications team that works with all levels of the organization across the Company including directly with the highest levels of management!
Media relations for international divisions and crisis communications management
- Supports the media relations efforts and serves as part of the on-call management team monitoring the media relations line on nights and weekends, as needed.
- A primary member of a crisis-ready communications team, which requires 24-hour availability during a crisis. The AVP acts as one of the Company's primary spokespersons to business and general media.
- Support TJX's international divisions with critical communications guidance for issues/media relations/crisis communications that could impact the Company's perception and reputation among key constituencies, including customers, Associates, media or investors.
Management of contingency communications planning and preparation
- Lead longer-term crisis communications planning for issues the Company may face in the future.
Corporate materials management and support
- Collaborate with the internal Talent Acquisition team on the extensive TJX Careers website and other communications issues related to recruitment
- Coordinate with executives on sponsorship opportunities and work with external groups on behalf of the Company regarding promotion, presentations, social media and speech writing
- Oversight of product recall process for North America including website updates, social media posts, press release review and media statements to respond to inquiries
Corporate website management
- Oversight of the TJX corporate website, tjx.com, working with internal team members to guide timing of business and Corporate Responsibility updates and providing input to digital design team and IT
Global corporate responsibility communications
- Oversight of and accountability for all global Corporate Responsibility (CR) communications and reporting, coordinating with CR leaders in other geographies, internal CR specialists with varying expertise to capture information regarding our programs worldwide. Further, oversee coordinating with divisions on brand CR content.
- One of the Company's spokesperson on ESG matters with investors, with oversight of global ESG information and data management for rankings, research and surveys
Investor relations / financial media support
- Support earnings and other financial/business press releases process, including reviewing corporate communications. Monitor media coverage of announcements and correct inaccuracies in news stories.
- Draft and vet responses to inquiries from financial/business media.
Annual meeting support
- Participate in planning and preparation for TJX's Annual Shareholder Meeting and supporting the development of the Shareholder Q&A
- Financial and/or corporate responsibility communications experience is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of issues/crisis management and media experience is required, as is experience coordinating communications efforts across a large, international organization.
- Hands-on approach, flexible, adaptable, delivering results in tight time frames and under pressure.
- Ability and adaptability to be "crisis ready," including flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed, and during department's busy periods, both scheduled and unanticipated.
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Framingham