Associate Art Director
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
- support Art Director with ideating, executing, and the production of the assets supervise all projects handled by the direct team including ideation of the project website design, web editorial content, all web communications (emails, web ad buys, facebook content, etc)
- oversee and art direct projects
- collaborate with marketing team to develop creative concepts utilized across all communication touch points that continually reinforce the brand and move it forward; execute these ideas in all web communication
- translate strategies into compelling and innovative creative that engages the customer, drives traffic and continues to build the brand's relevance and desirability
- Partner with the Editorial team to create copy for posts
- Partner with the Brand Strategy team
- Maintain and help update the social media concept calendar/decks
- Regularly review competitor profiles to ensure highest creative executions
- Deep knowledge of all adobe programs and video editing
- Can think creatively and strategically
- Experience in graphic design; typography, layout, composition
- Have the ability to clearly execute creative direction, bring new ideas to the team, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Must have an excellent eye for design and photography
- Must have a strong understanding of digital and print, social media space, conversations, and trends
- must have at least 3-5 years of interactive experience including e-commerce, experiential design and online branding
- fashion experience or background desired
- Must be organized but also nimble and flexible to adjust to real-time demand
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.