Associate Counsel, Compliance
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Providing Guidance and Advice:
Provide guidance and advice on compliance questions and concerns. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to: conflicts of interest, business gifts and entertainment, anti-bribery and anti-corruption and trade and economic sanctions.
Training and Communications Initiatives:
Develop compliance communications and training materials to promote understanding of compliance risk issues. Develop and track metrics related to these initiatives. Assist with drafting annual updates to ELC ABC Manual, as well as other training documents, and work with colleagues to launch and ensure completion of web-based acknowledgements and learning requirements.
Support compliance risk assessments to proactively identify existing and emerging compliance risks. Support the development of the compliance risk management strategy and plan.
Policy and Procedure Development and Implementation:
Monitor legal developments on a global basis and identify opportunities for compliance-related policies. Draft policies and procedures to ensure consistent and sound practices, and ensure existing policies and procedures are current, effectively implemented, and communicated to employees.
Assist with ensuring processes are followed for conducting due diligence on third parties, and that risk management measures are implemented and monitored.
Actively monitor compliance program to identify gaps/exceptions/weaknesses and work with the Vice President on corrective action plans and recommendations to enhance effectiveness.
Support the use of third-party compliance resources and systems, such as compliance training, hotline/case management system, and third-party due diligence system.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable ethics and compliance requirements, compliance risk management practices and methodologies, and compliance program best practices and substantive legal issues.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing training and communications processes and programs; strong project management skills.
- Experience with the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act, and other anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws/issues.
- Experience in conducting or participating investigations.
- Admission in good standing to the Bar of the State of New York.
- Excellent legal and business judgment; a high degree of discretion; strong analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong presentation skills.
- IT savvy and highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel. Possesses an ability to quickly learn new technology.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Foreign language skills
- Data analytics skills
- International experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.