Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Communication
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Stuart Weitzman is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation and inclusivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce compelling and engaging copy for global marketing and business needs, inclusive of emails, site, paid media and more, with a focus on promotional and outlet assets
- Understand and translate brand voice and purpose into every copy request, asset and output
- Work closely with the Editorial, Content Operations and Creative Design teams to execute content strategy plans, as well as brand-building initiatives in a manner that is on time and on brand
- Elevate product storytelling through rich, detail-driven product copy
- Proofread and edit copy for a variety of cross-functional needs, including Retail, Wholesale and more
- Support the Editorial and Creative Design teams in select administrative tasks
- A journalistic sensibility to create compelling editorial content
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to implement the brand's voice and values
- Self-starter / proactive
- Excellent collaboration, communication and organizational skills
- Flawless grammar and up-to-date on the latest AP Stylebook conventions
- Obsession with fashion, pop-culture and shoes highly encouraged
Education and Experience Required
- BA or BS degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Creative Writing or Advertising
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years journalism or brand editorial experience
- Portfolio of work demonstrating aptitude for writing, storytelling, editing and thinking creatively
- Experience in content creation for digital, social, e-commerce and print encouraged
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.