Associate Global Supply Chain Planner
Country : USA
State : Wisconsin
County : Kenosha County
Town : Kenosha
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Founded in 1876, Jockey International, Inc. is a privately held, family owned company with headquarters in Kenosha, WI. Started by Rev. Samuel T. Cooper as a sock company to serve lumberjacks of the day, the company has expanded into one of the most well-known apparel brands around the world. Today, Jockey products are sold in more than 145 countries. Jockey is committed to quality and innovation, and the passionate pursuit to satisfy the human need for comfort continues to be the company's hallmark.
- Support the Global Product Strategy process to ensure product life cycle is maintained, with supply/inventory plans aligned to defined strategies and support product level SI&OP reviews. Provide input to the Global Supply Review process.
- Develop and maintain valid end-to-end supply plans for each product group to promote and support execution for achieving customer service levels and inventory turns per agreed target levels.
- Participate and support new product introduction to ensure that supply plans are optimally created and are executed in support of the established timelines.
- Communicate decisions and supply impacts to all stakeholders, escalation, and prioritization of supply responses around all issues and opportunities impacting customer service to stakeholders.
- Monitor forecast changes for assigned SKUs; provide schedule adjustment recommendations/changes.
- Achieve and maintain a thorough understanding of all planning systems (JBA, JDA, SCM, PLM). Maintain system data integrity to ensure accuracy of system info.
- Jointly with Sourcing team, actively support the Supplier Relationship Programs by providing collaborative, rolling, long-term production requirements, contractor projections, and supply performance metrics for planning engagements.
- Provide direction and/or assistance to contractors when dealing with production delays; act as a liaison for communication with SBUs and management. Work with contractors and transportation teams to determine the best shipment methods.
- Work with Sourcing and contractors to manage MOQ/MCQ's for Jockey's business needs, balancing inventory requirements with sourcing costs.
- Assist a lean process by implementing Kanban, just-in-time, postponement, and other materials strategies to reduce planning lead times and FG inventory while increasing delivery.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the global practices where business is conducted.
Personal Competencies Desired/Required:
- Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking, influence, negotiation, problem solving, and strategic thinking.
- Detailed oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking skil
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to create and foster a team-based environment to establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with individuals contacted during the course of work.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and build strong relationships by being transparent, reliable, and delivering on commitments.
In return for your expertise, JOCKEY offers a competitive and comprehensive flexible benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/Life/Vision, 401(k), educational support, paid Volunteerism program, fitness club discounts, onsite health & wellness programs, generous employee discounts, a business casual work environment, a challenging work environment, summer hours, and exciting career growth opportunities! Follow us on LinkedIn and stay connected!
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at email@example.com, call us at 262-658-8111, or send a facsimile request to 262-653-3014.
- 1-3 years of supply chain management and planning experience for a reputed, global or multi-plant consumer product company utilizing world class supply chain planning and execution processes. (Relevant internship experience accepted.)
- Experience with site capacity planning and/or global product supply planning and knowledge of apparel sales and operations planning processes.
- Experience with ERP and Advanced Planning Systems (preferably JDA).
- Exposure to (or experience in) apparel manufacturing process, principles and practices; preferably at production site and headquarters level.
- Must be able to thrive in a highly cooperative teamwork environment and provide timely and effective communication on the status of production. Occasional travel to production locations may be required, as well as extended work hours as needed.