Associate Manager, Brand And Public Relations
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : Anaheim
Category : Communication
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Align and collaborate with other Pacsun marketing counterparts & outside agencies on product launches
- Responsible for brand & activation budgets
- Constantly improve materials and processes
- Work with finance/ops to track budgets according to corporate standards
- Act as the key marketing liaison between brand partners
- Manage brand asset distribution to internal cross-functional teams
- Gather all relevant information for upcoming men's and women's product launches from cross-functional team members inclusive of copy, talking points and assets for media distribution
- Maintain calendar aligning brand, product and content consistent with company objectives.
- Ensure all product stories are correctly portrayed and that Public Relations firm is fully briefed on key details for featured merchandise (timing, pricing, fabrication, exclusivity, etc.)
- Develop strategies and tactics that authentically connect Pacsun's initiatives to our key consumer
- Create and own internal editorial product placement process for all
- Responsible for the fulfillment of media and celeb product requests
- In conjunction with Influencer team manage celeb/high-caliber seeding
- Maintain a collaborative, creative, and progressive approach
- Attend off-site events (may include weekend and overnight stays)
- Other duties as assigned Leadership Expectations:
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a Pacsun advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field or combined job experience and education
- 3-5 years in marketing or retail marketing experience
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong understanding of current events and style
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Proficient
- Retail experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great interpersonal, team building, and relationship management skills Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- This positions is based out of Pacsun HQ, but will require working frequent nights and weekends additionally.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Other Considerations: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.