Associate Merchandise Planner
Country : USA
State : Washington
County : King County
Town : Bellevue
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Maintain strategic financial plans tied to merchandising strategies for both retail stores and ecommerce
- Make recommendations for planning sales, inventory, markdowns and margins at a department/class and/or program level
- Pre-season topside merchandise planning at a department/class level/style-color level, as well as in-season planning adjusting forecasts to trend.
- Responsible for recommending pre-season class plans at the price type (regular and markdown) and weekly level
- Review analysis of business around risk and opportunities at division, class and/or program level
- Quantify in-season risks and opportunities and making the appropriate recommendations to merchant teams and management
- Partner with management, merchants and allocation in order to strategically move business toward increasing profit
- Review and generate monthly Open-to-Buy forecasts & supporting action plans as well as presentation of this data to Management and Cross Functional teams
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis and ad hoc basis
- Work with merchants and allocation to determine and manage exit strategies recommending items for clearance and controlling aged inventory
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Cross Functional team members; i.e., Merchandising, Allocation, Product Development, Store Operations, Visual and Finance
- Review historical data to determine pattern for future forecasting
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in merchandising or allocation background overseeing planning at an item level within a large specialty retailer (100+ stores)
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Demonstrated logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of financial measurements including: sales, gross margin, GMROI, inventory turn, weeks of supply and how to impact them
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities; ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Other Considerations:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.