Beauty Editor, Nylon
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Communication
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Edit or write 5 beauty stories per day (a mix of breaking news, service, and in-depth profiles/Q&As and reported features), managing a team of part-time writers and freelancers.
- Keep a close eye on developing internet trends and viral moments.
- Use analytics tools to monitor performance, and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Work closely with team members on ideation, site direction, and content package execution.
- Represent NYLON at relevant market appointments and events, with an eye for on-site or social coverage opportunities.
- Deep understanding of best practices for search and social
- Ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- A strong news sense and ability to identify which trending stories should be covered daily on the site
- Strong display of writing and story packaging skills
- Relationships with freelance writers
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Network and attend industry events as a representative of NYLON
- Ability to forecast beauty trends and cover them before they hit the mainstream