Business Automation Analyst (Vba/Sql Developer)
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Process Improvement (PI) Analyst is a member of the broader Allocation Operations (AO) Team. On the AO Team our mission is to develop and support people, reports, and systems that improve the overall effectiveness of our department. Our PI Team's contributions to this objective are developing and enhancing processes, tools, and reports for the Allocation Dept. These solutions are primarily developed within the MS Office Excel and Access applications. The PI Team works directly with a variety of teams and levels in the department and are the Allocation technical design experts, regularly influencing how we design solutions that drive high-value business outcomes. On PI we are comfortable designing and estimating multiple months of code development, sharing our vision with our business partners, and collaborating on the best solution. In addition, we often work with the System Admin team to support the implementation of new processes and provide technical support for day-to-day operations. We know that anything is possible with the right blend of skills and creativity and we pride ourselves in creating efficient and intuitive technical solutions.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Process Improvement
- Build new processes, tools, and reports using advanced Excel functions, Excel VBA, and Oracle SQL
- Build capability of the Allocation department by developing solutions in Excel and utilizing Access for data management
- Transition new tools, reports, processes to the Systems Administration team for ongoing execution and maintenanceDocumentation
- Generate flow charts for Technical Design of new processes, tools, and reports in Visio
- Document Technical Design in Word by summarizing the structural, maintenance, and code processes
- Partner with project team to prepare for User Acceptance Testing: drafting scenarios, data, and environment setup.Communication
- Analyze Functional Requirements/Designs and provide scope estimates to assist in project planning and prioritization
- Create Technical Design flows illustrating how the proposed solution will work
- Track progress of design and build keeping project team informed throughoutCOMPETENCIES:Communication/Informing
- Is timely with information
- Keeps work partners and management informed to insure accurate decisions and outcomes
- Active listener
- Demonstrates aptitude for developing, packaging, and presenting information wellProblem Solving
- Uses logic and develops creative methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Develops well-structured and sound analytical resultsDrive for Results
- Is organized and planful
- Demonstrates the ability to overcome obstacles
- Can effectively cope with change Self-Development
- Is personally committed and actively works to continuously improve
- Understand that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches
- Works to deploy strengthsQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Requires 1-2 years of MS Excel experience creating reports/tools with: complex designs (e.g. multiple reporting levels) and advanced calculations (business logic and data processing).
- 2+ years related work experience; 1-year experience in Allocations preferred
- Experience in assessing processes, designing processes, implementing changes to existing processes, implementing new processes, designing user interfaces, and automating manual processes preferred
- Experience documenting technical/functional designs in MS Visio preferred.
- Experience utilizing MS Access for Data Management preferred.
- Experience using SQL for data retrieval preferred.
- Retail experience preferred.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc. Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:NoneDISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.