Business Development Manager
Country : USA
State : District of Columbia
Town : Washington
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
This position is based in Miami, FL and will report to the Business Development Director of Trust and Estates.
- Drive business by prospecting existing connections and developing points of aggregation with new consignors. These contacts include but are not limited to: lawyers, private wealth managers, appraisers, advisors, and organizers.
- Achieve the monthly consignment goal for your geographic market through self-generated and corporate leads.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal.
- Meet with consignors in their home to set price expectations and procure their luxury merchandise.
- Utilize your knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review and process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged and up to our very high-quality standards.
- Able to multi-task, can deal with change and ambiguity, able to work cross functionally with different teams and level, excellent communication skills
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- 5+ years of work experience in business development, outside sales, consignment or auctions.
- A strong sales ability and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, and the ability to establish trust is mission critical. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals.
- Deep knowledge of luxury brands. Great attention to detail and customer service.
- Ability to master multiple technical devices and systems.
- Active in community and charitable organizations is a plus.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed to accommodate the client's request for an appointment.
- This position is a very full-time job with a rigorous schedule and requires a high level of commitment. Please only apply if you fit all the criteria listed above.
- Sitting long hours
- Heavy time in front of computer
- Travel less than 10%