Business Manager, Bloomingdale’s Tyson’s Corner
Country : USA
State : Virginia
County : Fairfax County
Town : McLean
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
People readiness: Delivers available, informed and elevated sellers
- Utilize staffing hours through proactive management of open jobs, open shifts, and associate attendance.
- Require professional readiness of staff in appearance, skill, and attitude.
- Effectively communicate business-driving and procedural information to ensure associates are knowledgeable about promotions and confident in customer interactions.
- Ensure associates exhibit fashion leadership by offering product knowledge seminars, partnering with vendors, ensuring certification completion, and committing to ongoing education.
- Lead and educate relationship selling, appointment and digital selling, building a client book and driving outreach to maximize business.
Staff Onboarding and performance development: Delivers plan through a skilled and prepared team
- Ensure new hires complete all required orientation and onboarding.
- Actively own associate development after onboarding, including follow up on skill building roadmap and developmental courses.
- Use Performance Development Dashboard and Annual Colleague Evaluation to establish and communicate clear expectations for selling/support behaviors and for empowered and self-driven business ownership.
- Consistently coach by providing on-going, balanced performance feedback. Use formal touch points and tools to recognize, reinforce and develop strong skills.
Floor readiness: Delivers a brand right shopping environment
- Lead and own execution of merchandising, partnering with Trade Area Visual Merchandise Manager, VMM, (or Merchandise Manager, MM, where in place) as the owner of overall merchandising direction. Ensure all necessary re-stocking, floor moves, and signing are completed.
- Maintain Bloomingdale's visual merchandising standards by ensuring staff proactively owns floor recovery.
- Provide oversight and ensure colleague and customer compliance with all Health and Safety protocols.
- Ensure adherence to asset protection, inventory control, and compliance procedures.
Customer readiness: Ensures an Easy, Fashionable, Personal, Fun experience
- Observe, coach and role model customer-centric selling behaviors at all times.
- Interact with customers throughout store managing traffic, addressing issues and seeking feedback.
- Require and champion use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience; deliver Omni channel competency by optimizing use of tools and following standard procedures.
- Provide daily oversight of fulfillment process, track metrics throughout the day to ensure optimum fill rate.
Leadership Team Commitment: Contributes to store experience
- Actively support total store priorities and establish self as an available and engaged leader. Provide visible store oversight when functioning as a "Manager on Duty."
- Share responsibility and ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement.
Business Ownership: Validates effectiveness through achievement of key metrics
- Is conversant about the business and understands department trends vs. plan and LY.
- Know what brands and categories are selling via floor observation and ground intelligence from sales professionals and customers.
- Champion Loyalist program to deliver strong acquisition and retention of customers.
- 4 year college degree preferred. 3 years of leadership/managerial experience, preferably within Retail or Fashion.Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.Reasoning Ability:
- Self-Starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- It also involves stooping, kneeling, or crouching.Other Skills:
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build strategic alliances/relationships.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.Work Hours:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.