Business Manager, Diversity & Inclusion: New York
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Reporting to the Chief Diversity Officer, the D&I Business Manager will serve as project and process manager for the D&I team to support optimal workflow, prioritization and accountability. This important role will maintain the D&I annual master calendar and track all D&I activities, milestones and establish accountability on key deliverables.
Join us on our journey as we become a beacon of diversity and inclusion for our colleagues, customers and communities by embedding D&I into how we think, act and operate.
This position is located in New York City, NY
- Serve as project and process manager for the D&I team to support optimal workflow, prioritization and accountability
- Establish and maintain annual master calendar to map all D&I activities, milestones and deliverables
- Maximize relationships and connections of the D&I team by connecting the dots between all areas, managing follow-up and anticipating needs
- Create and drive the D&I team's agenda and ensure the team is focused on what matters most
- Create a month at a glance snapshot to keep D&I Leaders organized on important initiatives
- Ensure effective project management to ensure the priorities are understood and aligned to the Chief Diversity Officer's vision
- Support Chief Diversity Officer on coordination of prep materials for internal and external meetings
- Work closely with the D&I team's Executive Assistant to support optimal productivity and reach of Chief Diversity Officer
- Understand the vision and mission by providing the team stability and juggle competing priorities with high responsiveness
- Support Chief Diversity Officer on various projects and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university or two to four years' related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or training preferred; two to three years' experience in Human Resources, Analytics, Business, or related field required.Communication Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents, such as reports and procedure manuals; ability to communicate effectively with Senior level business partners and tailor communications to various audiences.
- Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, manage multiple projects, and maintain the confidentiality of data.
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, and feel; frequently required to use computer and office equipment, sit, walk, stand, stoop, kneel, or crouch; requires close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to foster teamwork. Decision-making skills. Leadership skills. Oral and written communication skills. Ability to build collaborative relationships. Interpersonal skills.