Business Operations Analyst
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Systems Administration (SA) Analyst is a member of the broader Allocation Operations (AO) Team. On the AO Team our mission is to develop and support people, reports, and systems that improve the overall effectiveness of our department. Our SA Team's contributions to this objective are providing great customer service, accurate reporting, and dependable systems. As a result, the SA Team works directly with all teams and levels in the department and are the Allocation data subject matter experts, regularly providing data insights that drive high-value business outcomes. On SA we are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, troubleshooting systems issues, and analyzing data from both a technical and business-minded perspective. In addition, we often work cross functionality with our AO peers in Process Improvement and Project Management to support our department's key initiatives. We know that our systems and people are the backbone of our department and we find joy in doing our best to help ensure things run smoothly.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Reporting
- Generate reports and validate data is accurate prior to publication.
- Execute and package data pulls to provide relevant business-minded insights.
- Collaborate with Process Improvement on data management and design best practices.Systems Administration
- Execute processes to manage the implementation of operationally critical data in Allocation systems.
- Identify operational opportunities to streamline technical design and manual processes.Application Support
- Analyze callouts on issues ranging from business concepts to technical errors and propose a resolution. Partnering with IT and Process Improvement as appropriate.
- Provide timely status updates with the right level of detail keeping all stakeholders informed.COMPETENCIES:Communication/Informing
- Is timely with information
- Keeps work partners and management informed to insure accurate decisions and outcomes
- Active listener
- Demonstrates aptitude for developing, packaging, and presenting information wellDrive for Results
- Is organized and planful
- Demonstrates the ability to overcome obstacles
- Can effectively cope with changeProblem Solving
- Uses logic and develops creative methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Probes all fruitful sources for answers
- Develops well-structured and sound analytical results Self-Development
- Is personally committed and actively works to continuously improve
- Understand that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches
- Works to deploy strengthsQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Requires Advanced MS Excel skills including: advanced formulas (e.g. vlookup, nested ifs, etc.), data formatting and packaging
- 2+ years related work experience; 1 year experience in Allocations preferred
- Requires experience following detailed steps to generate complex reports and processes
- Experience providing customer support via email, phone/ in-person preferred
- Preferred knowledge of Blue Yonder Allocation (formerly JDA), SQL, and MS AccessPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:NoDISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.