Business Sales Manager: Bloomingdale’s Orlando The Mall at Millenia, Orlando fl
Country : USA
State : Florida
County : Orange County
Town : Orlando
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
People readiness: Delivers available, informed and elevated sellers
- Utilize staffing hours through proactive management of open jobs, open shifts, and associate attendance
- Require professional readiness of staff in appearance, skill, and attitude
- Effectively communicate business-driving and procedural information to ensure associates are knowledgeable about promotions and confident in customer interactions
- Ensure associates exhibit fashion leadership by offering product knowledge seminars, partnering with vendors, ensuring certification completion, and committing to ongoing education.
- Lead and educate relationship selling, building a client book and driving outreach to maximize business.
Staff Onboarding and performance development: Delivers plan through a skilled and prepared team
- Ensure new hires complete all required orientation and onboarding
- Actively own associate development after onboarding, including follow up on skill building roadmap, mentor assignment and developmental courses.
- Use Professional Development Review content to establish and communicate clear expectations for selling/support behaviors and for empowered and self-driven business ownership
- Consistently coach by providing on-going, balanced performance feedback. Use formal touch points and tools to recognize, reinforce and develop strong skills.
Floor readiness: Delivers a brand right shopping environment
- Lead and own execution of merchandising, partnering with VMM (and MM where in place) as the owner of overall merchandising direction. Ensure all necessary re-stocking, floor moves, signing are completed.
- Maintain Bloomingdale's visual merchandising standards by ensuring staff proactively owns floor recovery
- Ensure adherence to asset protection, inventory control, and compliance procedures.
Customer readiness: Ensures an Easy, Fashionable, Personal, Fun experience
- Observe, coach and role model customer-centric selling behaviors at all times
- Interact with customers throughout store managing traffic, addressing issues and seeking feedback.
- Require and champion use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience; deliver Omni channel competency by optimizing use of tools and following standard procedures
- Provide daily oversight of fulfillment process, track metrics throughout the day to ensure optimum fill rate.
Leadership Team Commitment: Contributes to store experience
- Actively support total store priorities and establish self as an available and engaged leader. Provide visible store oversight when functioning as a "Manager on Duty."
- Share responsibility and ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement.
Business Ownership: Validates effectiveness through achievement of key metrics
- Is conversant about the business and understands department trends vs. plan and LY
- Know what brands and categories are selling via floor observation and ground intelligence from sales professionals and customers
- Champion Loyallist program to deliver strong acquisition and retention of customers
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- 3 years of leadership/managerial experience, preferably within Retail or Fashion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-Starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- It also involves stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build strategic alliances/relationships.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.