Business Sales Manager, Men’s: Bloomingdale’s Soho Nyc
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Business Manager drives sales, service and loyalty through their Sales Professionals to deliver the plan. Highly interactive with both associates and customers, the Business Manager is responsible for the daily management of the selling floor. Responsibilities include the development and oversight of customer service, quality of selling and outreach, fulfillment, merchandise presentation, floor maintenance, and effective execution of foundational tasks and processes. The Business Manager is highly present and involved on the selling floor to redeploy resources and keep the team moving in response to customer activity, consistently driving productivity and performance.
People readiness: Delivers available, informed and elevated sellers
- Utilize staffing hours through proactive management of open jobs, open shifts, and associate attendance
- Require professional readiness of staff in appearance, skill, and attitude
- Effectively communicate business-driving and procedural information to ensure associates are knowledgeable about promotions and confident in customer interactions
- Ensure associates exhibit fashion leadership by offering product knowledge seminars, partnering with vendors, ensuring certification completion, and committing to ongoing education.
- Lead and educate relationship selling, building a client book and driving outreach to maximize business.
Staff Onboarding and performance development: Delivers plan through a skilled and prepared team
- Ensure new hires complete all required orientation and onboarding
- Actively own associate development after onboarding, including follow up on skill building roadmap, mentor assignment and developmental courses.
- Use Professional Development Review content to establish and communicate clear expectations for selling/support behaviors and for empowered and self-driven business ownership
- Consistently coach by providing on-going, balanced performance feedback. Use formal touch points and tools to recognize, reinforce and develop strong skills.
Floor readiness: Delivers a brand right shopping environment
- Lead and own execution of merchandising, partnering with VMM (and MM where in place) as the owner of overall merchandising direction. Ensure all necessary re-stocking, floor moves, signing are completed.
- Maintain Bloomingdale's visual merchandising standards by ensuring staff proactively owns floor recovery
- Ensure adherence to asset protection, inventory control, and compliance procedures.
Customer readiness: Ensures an Easy, Fashionable, Personal, Fun experience
- Observe, coach and role model customer-centric selling behaviors at all times
- Interact with customers throughout store managing traffic, addressing issues and seeking feedback.
- Require and champion use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience; deliver Omni channel competency by optimizing use of tools and following standard procedures
- Provide daily oversight of fulfillment process, track metrics throughout the day to ensure optimum fill rate.
Leadership Team Commitment: Contributes to store experience
- Actively support total store priorities and establish self as an available and engaged leader. Provide visible store oversight when functioning as a "Manager on Duty."
- Share responsibility and ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement.
Business Ownership: Validates effectiveness through achievement of key metrics
- Is conversant about the business and understands department trends vs. plan and LY
- Know what brands and categories are selling via floor observation and ground intelligence from sales professionals and customers
- Champion Loyallist program to deliver strong acquisition and retention of customers
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- 3 years of leadership/managerial experience, preferably within Retail or Fashion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-Starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- It also involves stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to build strategic alliances/relationships.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.