Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Denton County
Town : Denton
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We are currently seeking a Buyer to join our growing team! This person is responsible for the day to day management and development of business processes to maximize sales and gross margin objectives, while managing inventory objectives for specific brands. Develops strategic objectives to ensure long-term sustained growth.
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us."
- Develops the assortment strategy for the assigned category. Works collaboratively with vendor and brand partners to maximize first to market approach of on trend products, promotional and pricing strategy for the assigned category placement.
- Actively partners with pricing and promotional team to ensure optimal performance against sales and margin. Works collaboratively with the marketing and operations team to ensure a 'customer first' approach to the product strategy. Works collaboratively with the planning and allocation team to ensure ideal inventory levels. Develops and facilitates presentations to all levels of leadership.
- Analyzes and draws conclusions from multiple resources so as to provide a concise, logical merchandising focus. Identifies and promotes new products and trends in a timely manner to maximize sales potential. Identifies and devises profitable exit strategies, including vendor participation, of slow selling items, discontinued items, package changes and poor promotional sell through.
- Creates and owns strong vendor partnerships. Negotiates with vendors to reduce costs, increase margin, special terms, discounts, allowances and payment dating in all appropriate opportunities.
- Develops category expertise through competitive analysis and attends vendor meetings and tradeshow presentations to identify sales opportunities through new products, trends and competitive strategies.
- 3-5 years category management experience in related field. Consumer goods and services preferred
- Proven track record of growing categories or leading category growth
- Beauty experience a plus
- JDA a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills combined with high creative potential
- Ability to multi task with accuracy
- Leadership qualities and work ethics that dictate the standards for the department
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of staff
- Strong negotiation skills
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complimentary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount, an onsite CosmoProf store with a 20% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.