Buyer - Boys - Gap Factory Online
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
- Contribute to the development of pre-season Class and Department financial targets that align with the Division's seasonal product strategy and include sales, gross margin and inventory.
- Measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and inventory performance of Categories; identify and communicate business opportunities and risks through this assessment (inclusive of pricing).
- Be responsible for Open-To-Buy (OTB) and Hindsights.
- Assist with assortment communication to all cross functional partners.
- Deliver on online exclusive business strategies including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
- Share seasonal category strategies with Merchandise Coordination team to enable the development and execution of site and sort strategies.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with cross functional business partners.
- 2-4 years of buying/inventory management experience
- Able to use financial metrics to measure the performance of the business. Understand how financial levers impact results.
- Know how to read and react to business results, understanding how decisions impact those results.
- Can quickly develop tool and system proficiency.
- Selling a point of view to both peers and upper management is a strength.
- Possess strong presentation skills.