Buyer, Men's Outlet
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Buying to...
- Drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, inventory turn goals through the development of merchandising and planning strategies for Men's Leathergoods category
- Execute buy process from concept to completion, including partnership in product development, implementation of regional merchandising strategies and financial planning of sales/inventory
- Influence category assortments by analyzing product performance, customer feedback, consumer trend, competitive landscape and local market knowledge to global merchants/design
- Manage OTB to meet financial targets at the SKU level for sales, inventory & margin
- Work closely with Inventory Management and Allocation to ensure that inventory turn goals are met and assortments by door are maximized
- Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability
- Continuously analyze and reforecast business and implement strategies to ensure plan is achieved, including adjusting product flow and inventory management
- Manage SKU lifecycle from adoption to delete, react to in season sales to determine go forward strategy
- Partner with Marketing, Product Knowledge, Visual Merchandising, Store Operations and Field Team to create synergies among all consumer touch points
- Partner with field team to solicit qualitative feedback on product, customers, store environments & competition
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task
- Strong product sensibility
- Ability to present and recommend strategies and build a business case
- Team player with a focus on collaboration
- Highly skilled in Excel and proficient learner of planning and buying systems
- B.A. or B.S. required
- 5 - 7 years of Buying and/or Planning experience required
- 1+ years of people management preferred
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.