Buyer, Women's Footwear (Outlet)
Country : USA
State : New York
County : New York County
Town : New York
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Michael Kors stores are operated, either directly or through licensing partners, in some of the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Rio de Janeiro.
Behind this burgeoning empire stands a singular designer with an innate sense of glamour and an unfailing eye for timeless chic. Michael Kors has won numerous accolades within the fashion industry, been honored for his philanthropy, and earned the respect and affection of millions. Wholly dedicated to a vision of style that is as sophisticated as it is indulgent, as iconic as it is modern, he has created an enduring luxury lifestyle empire with a global reach.
Michael Kors has always been involved in philanthropy, fighting hunger for more than 20 years. A longtime supporter of God’s Love We Deliver, he has worked with the New York-based organization to help distribute meals to people with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses. In 2013, he partnered with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to help fight world hunger by designing the 100 Series watch. A portion of the proceeds from his special-edition timepiece helps WFP deliver food to children through its school meals program.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop buying and merchandising strategies for the Women's Footwear business that tie back to financial goals for the division and company.
- Execute buy process from concept to completion, including partnership in product development.
- Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability of the Outlet division.
- Recommend timely markdowns/promotions on goods and reorders on best sellers. Share insight based on reviewing analysis in order to strategically grow and impact the business.
- Work closely with planning and allocations to execute merchandising strategy on by-door basis. Work with allocations team and store management to ensure assortments by door are maximized.
- Partner with planning team to develop and execute seasonal plans, merchandising and promotional strategies for all classifications.
- Foster and leverage cross-functional relationships to create opportunities for the business - specifically partnering with Visual Merchandising, Global Merchandising, Design and Planning - as well as partners in our Full Price division.
- Oversee the management of assortment sheets, pricing/conversion files, markdowns and on-order.
- Responsible for execution and maintenance of merchandising guidelines and product knowledge information for the stores.
- Responsible for growth and development of direct reports.
- Strong product development experience a must.
- Experience in Women's Footwear; Off-price experience a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Literate - Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet