Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Buying AnalystWho is Ross Stores? Ross Stores, Inc. is a $15 billion off-price retailer with offices in the country's major fashion hubs: New York City, Los Angeles and Boston. The Company operates two brands: Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price chain in the U.S. and dd's DISCOUNTS®. Product offerings include everything from apparel to accessories and home fashions for the entire family across 1,700+ store locations. Ross Stores, Inc. is a growing company, opening about 90 new stores annually with an ultimate goal of 3,000 locations! As you can imagine, there are plenty of opportunities for you to grow here, too!What Ross Stores Offers You:
- A large investment in Associates through extensive onboarding programs and continuous learning opportunities
- A focus on growing and promoting internal talent
- A big company with a family feeling
- A hands on leadership team with close engagement at all levels
- A culture embedded with teamwork and humility
- An opportunity to give back to your community
- And did we mention... Summer Fridays and holiday closure!What is an Alternate Supply Assistant at Ross?The Alternate Supply Assistant is responsible for assisting the Alternate Supply Buyer in advancing the business while developing merchant skills, learning key business processes, as well as providing analytical and operational support to assigned Buyer.What you would do?
- Performs basic administrative and operational functions supporting a designated Buyer. Facilitates purchase order management and administration including writing orders, changes, and cancellations, as well as the processing of markdowns.
- Follows up with external vendors to ensure key shipments are delivered and processed (i.e. how goods are packed and shipped.)
- Provides detailed analysis and interpretation of key business data and reporting as directed by Buyer including the monitoring of key merchandise reports, stock analysis and other ad hoc analyses.
- Develops effective relationships with vendors and appropriately interacts with them to follow up on open business issues, as directed by Buyer.
- Begins to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse processes. This includes utilizing systems to prepare reports to allow Buyer to be able to interpret the business.
- Keeps knowledge of competitors and pricing through a mix of research and competitive shopping.
- Develops product knowledge and demonstrates initiative to suggest new resources and opportunities.
- Ensures timely delivery of merchandise through communication with Buyer, merchant teams, and external vendors.
- Follows communicated policies and procedures and adheres to purchase order management policies.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of packaway strategy, understanding the concept of budgeting and release of packaway merchandise.
- Supports Buyers in preparation of key business meetings (i.e. vendor appointments, assortment planning).What you bring to the table:
- A passion for product!
- A desire to learn, grow and engage
- An understanding and prior use of retail math
- A team player attitude
- A drive for resultsWhy you are qualified:
- You are proficient in Excel
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You are organized and pay attention to detail
- You are a strong communicatorRoss will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.#LI-JD1