Community Marketing Manager
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Emeryville
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Continually assess and capture local Sneaker Culture ecosystem
Identify local change agents (key movements and influencers) across various cultural silos (ie: fashion, music, sneakers, food, community, organizations).
- Continuously conduct local research to discover consumer fashion, competitor, culture and lifestyle trends:
- Interview local experts to collect market characteristics
- Initiate dialogue with customers in and out of store through focus groups and other strategies
- Validate on-going assumptions and understand brand perception
- Tracks and reports on local competitive activity and performance; advises on implications for action
- Prepare and disseminate monthly local market research updates Connect
- Maintain consistent communication with local connectors and local product vendor personnel
- Attend local experiences (local events, local networking mixtures, and competitor local activations for market insight)
- Seed and develop relationships with key market influencers to help gain brand awareness, increase local VIP membership, increase consumer engagement and drive sales
- Create list of target customers and partners, according to local sneaker culture ecosystem assessment Build community and execute shared experiences - in partnership with Local Change Agents
- Owns the building and optimization of local partnerships and community engagement plans to drive awareness and usage of Foot Locker locations as community and cultural hubs
- Recommend experiences to engage with customers by using core brand attributes and knowledge of local market and customer
- Develop programs and initiatives that grow and activate local Foot Locker VIP members
- Develop platform for local give back hashtag campaign
- Coordinate and develop Foot Locker's regional social media account, tying field marketing and national marketing campaigns together Partner with mobile and loyalty teams to develop VIP member activations that leverage mobile technology
- Maintain a regional calendar, including and not limited to: events, activations, collaborations and promotions
- Manage local community field marketing budget and local activation agencies Internal local marketing empowerment and capability development
- Maintain consistent communication with field operations; facilitates idea-generation, buyin and implementation planning of all marketing efforts
- Support field operations team with store or district led marketing initiatives
- Partner with store managers and visual merchandisers (in applicable markets) to educate field on visual standards and optimize visual execution
- Facilitate local connectivity between field operations and local organizations
- Experience within marketing, brand management, retail and/or similar background preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in events or local connectivity marketing.
- Being ingrained in the local market sneaker culture and know the voice of our core sneakerhead consumers is highly preferred
- Experience with social channels and trends.
- Connections within the local music scene, highly preferred.
- Must have connections in the local market and with a deep understanding of the community and what makes the market thrive.
- Strong knowledge of sneaker culture, fashion trends, music, sports required.
- Ability to act as a leader, work well independently and remotely from team leader and peers.
- Retail experience a plus.