Compliance Lead - Sox
Country : USA
State : North Carolina
County : Lee County
Town : Sanford
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Manage the Risk Control Matrix for the North American Region by working with the Sr. Manager to update and design controls, ensuring controls are followed as designed and manages control remediation plans.
- Help drive control and process optimization by assisting with the organization of business projects related to improvements which strengthen the control environment.
- Partner with Internal audit to assess risks and new business processes to evaluate control and audit implications. Liaise with local control owners to address control issues in order to satisfy SOX requirements and advise them as questions arise.
- Provide Audit and SOX feedback based on Internal and External testing results to control owners and discuss remediation plans when necessary. Help coordinate control RCM and narratives updates as the business changes.
- Asses any key issues that relate to GAAP and provide feedback to teams on compliance. Adjust control wording in the RCM to reflect new standards as applicable and ensure control owners are aware of the changes.
- Help evaluate policies and coordinate the adaptation throughout the business. Work with business leaders to roll out any changes and ensure policies are compliant with SOX, audit and internal policy.
- Act as an SAP Risk Manager and address any SOX conflicts as they arise. Perform research over user access with the other North American Risk managers to minimize exposure.
- Assist with special projects as they impact the SOX and user access environments as needed.
- At least 5 years of Finance or Accounting experience required in a large organization.
- CPA/CIA preferred; public accounting experience preferred.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Experience.
Special Skills Required:
- Strong documentation skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business leaders and control owners.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and risks to management.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, projects and control owners in a fast-paced environment