Converse Factory Store – Store Manager – Woodburn, or
Country : USA
State : Oregon
County : Marion County
Town : Woodburn
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Sell. Don't Sell Out
You wear what you want and you don't like to be defined. It's your music on your stereo, it's your art on your walls, it's your life and you live it that way. Cool. That's what we're all about and we want you to bring that to work for us. We want people who are originals, who can communicate and help others find their originality. Sneakers and clothes are the skin we present to people. It might as well be unique.
As our Store Manager, you'll lead and manage all in-store activities to achieve sales and profitability goals, as well as ensure long-term business growth in accordance with Converse's brand philosophies, policies and procedures. You'll maintain the operating budget through revenue generation and managing controllables in order to deliver a positive financial performance. You'll also ensure consistent implementation of operating standards, including product flow planning and completion, execution of markdowns, seasonal promotions and initiatives and merchandise presentation. This opportunity also involves providing relevant market information to our District Manager and consistent leadership to your staff. In addition, you'll recruit and hire top talent, provide ongoing coaching and counseling, implement development strategies, create succession plans, and effectively manage performance and corrective action processes in order to drive Organizational Talent Planning.
- 3-5 years' retail experience at the management level
- Proven success in coaching, counseling and developing people
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook experience
- Strong selling techniques and experience delivering high-level customer service
- Able to perform all store manager functions, including standing for extended periods, speaking clearly with employees and customers, climbing ladders to change displays, stocking and retrieving merchandise, unloading shipments and performing sale setups
Ready to sign on the dotted line? Not so fast, you should know Converse's got your back with a generous benefits package, including an employee discount for shoes, apparel and other stuff.