Coordinator, Contract Compliance
Country : USA
State : Tennessee
County : Davidson County
Town : Nashville
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Serves as expert and audits custom entries for compliance and takes necessary actions pursuit to the results. This ensures compliance and provides necessary documentation to demonstrate due diligence, as required by trade regulations.
- Pre-entry responsibilities are necessary to ensure timely and accurate filing of imports into the USA. This includes the precise creation of - TVS, Proformas, Importer Declarations and supporting information and documentation for prompt entry filing.
- Assists with implementing and/or improving processes that support the business strategy as it relates to import/export and compliance to all applicable regulatory requirements. Also, informs management of existing or upcoming regulations that may impact the business strategy.
- Provides necessary support and documentation for exports from US, Canada, Mexico and Honduras.
- Processes the invoice processing in SAP for USA brokerage and forwarding.
- Initiates weekly duty payments via ACH in SAP
- Provide support as necessary to new work methods and changing regulations.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, international trade, supply chain or related field of study
- Brokerage license preferred
- Experience with customs regulations, import/export, or other supply chain related roles (preferably in manufacturing)
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate regulatory text/documents to ensure regulation compliance is maintained
- Must be able to research various platforms (internet, regulatory documents, etc.) in order to understand and communicate regulatory requirements
- Excellent computer skills (spreadsheet, word processing, database)
- Strong communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize work
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to work cross-functionally among departments and coalitions
- Annual travel domestically