Coordinator, Human Resources Administration
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Coordinator, Human Resources AdministrationAbout Ross Stores, Inc.Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leadersAdditional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/aboutAbout this opportunity ....The HR Coordinator is responsible for coordinating payroll process, responding to associate questions and triaging issues through Associate Relations team. The HR Coordinator completes Tier1 HR-related, transactional requests from the Buying Offices' associates providing guidance on policy interpretation, payroll and benefits. The HR Coordinator is responsible for updating and maintaining all employee data in the HR systems for the Buying Offices, as well as generating reports and compiling payroll information for reporting purposes.Responsibilities...
- Coordinate bi-weekly payroll process for all Buying Office Non-exempt and Salaried-with-Overtime Associates ensuring all timesheets are submitted and approved in MyTime system within required timeframe.
- Work with Payroll to resolve any paycheck-related issues immediately.
- Coordinate compliance requirements, annual associate sign offs of policies and trainings.
- Act as initial point of contact in responding to associate inquiries and requests through the HR Connect inbox and calls. Provide assistance with low to mid-complexity requests and transactions, and triages and escalates more complex inquiries.
- Act as liaison between HR and Buying Office associates for benefits, payroll, timekeeping, employment verification, etc. Provide guidance on resources available to all Buying Office associates (e.g. RossLink, WorkNumber, myADP, Employee Self-Service, etc.)
- Set up new hires in HR system and process new hire documentation to support the completion of new hire setup procedures (e.g. employment eligibility, facility badge access, payroll notifications, discount cards, welcome emails, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Maintain associate's personal and job data up to date by processing data changes (e.g. transfers, promotions, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Set up electronic associate personnel files and file any new and relevant documents in a timely fashion.
- Prepare exit paperwork and coordinate off-boarding processes for HR Business Partners (e.g. submitting request and notifying appropriate parties, monitoring physical assets collection, tracking and filing documentation to support the completion of off-boarding procedures, etc.) timely and accurately.
- Run, modify and format periodic and ad-hoc HR reports.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars, as well as support effective execution of wellness initiatives and Open Enrollment events.
- Respond to Unemployment Claims by partnering up with appropriate person of the AR team.
- Assist in ad-hoc special and cross-functional projects as needed (e.g. collection of employee feedback).
- Support other functions, incl. Corporate and OneHR initiatives, as assigned.Who you are...
- You have a Bachelor's Degree, required
- You have proven experience as an HR Coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position a plus
- You are Customer Service oriented
- You have strong abilities using MS Office tools
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- You have an ability to quickly learn and follow established policies and procedures consistently
- You have strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- You have a high level of integrity in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- You have the ability to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines, must be able to multi-taskPerks and Benefits of joining our team....Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more.... * eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to changeAt Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. #LI-DP1