Creative Director, Senior Manager - Visual Creative Display
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
The Sr. Manager of Visual Creative Display leads the In-Store Visual Creative Department. Oversee strategy, concept and execution of in-store visual graphics and POP displays. Collaborate with Visual Merchandising, Store Design and Creative Marketing Departments to ensure cohesive brand expression across in-store visuals. Extensive experience leading a team, delivering creative concepts and solutions to support merchandising needs and in-store marketing initiatives, deep understanding of branding and photographic art direction.
- Oversees design concepts for divisional, seasonal and storewide graphics and 3D displays. Guides the conversion of these ideas into effective retail advertising design to promote immediate sales and achieve the Company's fashion/brand image goals.
- Leads a team of Sr. Art directors, Art Directors and Assistant Art Directors.
- Responsible for the creation of new visual campaigns or shop designs.
- Collaborates with Creative Managers/Art Buying/Visual Merchandising teams to ensure coordination of appropriate merchandise for creative advertising pieces.
- Maintains brand standards leadership as set and upholds creative excellence expectations.
- Provides direction to and follow-up on various stages of visual procedures with production, photoshoots, designers, Visual Merchandising Managers and print vendors; all to achieve the best product possible within established budget guidelines.
- Art direct a photoshoot on set, if needed.
- 10+ years of Art Direction in retail or fashion apparel preferred; print experience required. Understanding of how to design in a 3D space is preferred.
- Significant experience in layout for related media with proven management skills and preferably with experience directing, training and guiding other art directors/designers.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, sense of style, ability to portray a high taste level in all communication arts. Knowledge of printing/3D display fabrication is preferred.
- Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity, ability to multi-task, solve problems and strong visualization skills. Must be able to read basic floor plans and fixture drawings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a positive, can-do service oriented attitude.
- Proven record of advanced presentation and communication skills to upper management.
- Advanced typography acumen and awareness.
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and other MAC based applications and design programs. Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.