Cross County Mall: Operations Manager
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Westchester County
Town : Yonkers
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Manager, you will support My Macy's process by managing a business within one
store or multiple locations to ensure that we operate efficiently and that we
achieve our sales, service and profit goals. The scope of your authority
will extend to key areas such as expense management; shortage prevention;
staffing and scheduling; merchandise flow; customer service and building and
equipment maintenance, housekeeping and safety standards. Perform other duties
- Drive overall Store Scorecard results by focusing efforts on the
following tactics: shopping environment, pricing and signing, workload
planning; Profit: staffing and weekend compliance, logistics, shortage and
- Manage all payroll/non-payroll expense; directly responsible for
- Direct the receiving and processing of all merchandise receipts;
ensure back of house standards are maintained.
- Analyze store shortage and implement reduction initiatives in
partnership with the Loss Prevention Manager.
- Manage staffing working with the staffing group and ensure
adherence to the daily staffing plan.
- Ensure that all procedures, policies, exposure standards and
shortage awareness are thoroughly understood by the store team including all
Executives and Associates.
- Train, motivate and develop operations team to reach their fullest
potential and to maximize business opportunities.
- Clearly communicate store and Company objectives so both
Executives and Associates are well informed.
- Direct total store maintenance; create a safe and clean
environment for both customers and Associates.
- Manage supply budgets and ensure store stays in stock on selling
supply and other required items.
- Initiate and implement shortage and safety programs.
- Recruit and select qualified support Associates.
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment focusing on internal
and external customer service and safety.
- Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner,
consistent with the values expected by the Company.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis;
- Utilize review process as a tool for Associate talent development,
promotion and advancement.
- Lead Associates in support of community service opportunities.
dependable attendance and punctuality.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership/supervisory position in
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build partnerships and direct teams.
- Basic math functions such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with
minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking,
standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping,
kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision,
depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended
periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using
keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Effective prioritizing and time management skills.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional