Customer Strategy Manager
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Help drive customer-focused projects and workstreams forward, providing strategic project management support as needed to optimize impact.
- Support the evolution of Macy's approach to building customer relationships, partnering with relevant teams to:
- Align the sales plan to associated customer health goals for key segments across onboarding, migration, and retention.
- Evolve approaches to customer health analysis, tracking, and reporting (e.g. advancing dashboard capabilities) to help embed customer data in organizational decision-making.
- Pilot and advance Macy's use of a cross-functional "agile" team format in pursuit of fast-paced development of new capabilities (e.g. "Upward Migration" agile team, "Onboarding" agile team, etc.).
- Advance understanding of marketing effectiveness focused on incremental impact (incl. customer lifetime value), multi-touch attribution, journey tracking, etc. specific to onboarding, migration, & retention strategies.
- Design test strategies (targeting, creative, measurement, etc.) intended to leverage data and insights to deliver relevant customer experiences (focused on impact and scalability).
- Support development of new tech-enabled capabilities related to use of customer data.
- Pilot with best-in-class new partners to advance capabilities related to customer relevance and engagement.
- Develop and deliver materials and presentations related to Customer Strategy for senior audiences (e.g. executive leadership, investors, brand partners, board of directors, etc.).
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management as business needs dictate.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Team Overview:
The Macy's Customer Strategy team is charged with driving the business to embed customer-first thinking into every action we take - big and small - to build strong, profitable customer relationships. In practice, the team influences cross-functional strategy development, activation planning, and execution across functions within Marketing and with key partners in Merchandising, Stores, Digital, Technology, Supply Chain, and other areas.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Strategy, the Associate helps to develop and advance strategies - cross-functionally and specific to Marketing - designed to engage and retain high value potential customers. The Associate will be responsible for developing & stewarding comprehensive roadmaps to support new customer onboarding, upward migration of high-value potential customers, and retention of our best customers, in close partnership with varied teams. The Associate will help bring structure and analytical rigor to customer-related decision-making and long-term planning. Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Marketing, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience (management consulting, retail strategy, marketing strategy, etc.)
- Demonstrated passion for customer strategy and retail, media-savvy a plus.
- Strong cross-functional project management experience, ideally supporting high impact, high-visibility corporate strategies.Communication Skills:
- Exceptional written communication, PowerPoint, and presentation skills for diverse audiences. Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.Reasoning Ability:
- Results-oriented self-starter with a strong track record of accountability and impact across strategy, analytics, and execution.
- Positive, high-energy, collaborative mindset, paired with demonstrated ability to operate independently in a complex organization.
- Creative, innovative thinker able to apply structure and analytical rigor to complex problems and associated decision-making.
- Comfort with ambiguity and able to challenge the status quo in the pursuit of optimal solutions.
- Innate curiosity, with a commitment to continuous growth and development. Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.Work Hours:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.