Customs Compliance Specialist, Supply Chain - Seattle, wa
Country : USA
State : Washington
County : King County
Town : Seattle
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
This position helps to manage Nordstrom imports into the US and Canada, delivering efficiency and accuracy, while guiding Nordstrom Supply Chain through the relevant Customs laws, regulations and polices. Nordstrom, Inc is a part of the Importer Self-Assessment program with CBP and a Tier 3 CTPAT member.
A day in the life...
- Classify imported products in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), CBP's Informed Compliance Publications, CBSA's D-Memos, Rulings and other compliance guidance in high volumes with mastery and efficiency
- Engage with suppliers, buying agents, and customs brokers on the most challenging issues to drive measurably improved compliance with Customs and Nordstrom requirements
- Audit import transactions, analyze results, and drive improvement through post-entry corrections/amendments, and customs broker oversight
- Identify compliance risk and operational inefficiencies; recommend, influence, and implement process improvements with a wide group of stakeholders
- Distill information on all aspects of special trade programs, including Free Trade Agreements and Chapter 98/99 creating presentations and delivering training to internal partners within the organization
- Hands-on experience classifying according to the HTS and application of Customs and PGA requirements.
- Experience with C-TPAT program.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications - especially Excel (v-lookups/macros/pivot tables/etc), PowerPoint and Teams
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both written and oral, with ability to influence/persuade.
- Bachelor's Degree and Customs Broker License strongly preferred.
- Confluence and/or Alteryx experience nice to have
- Tableau experience preferred