Data Analyst, CRM
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis, generating actionable insights, and producing basic data visualizations. You will work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas. You should showcase a keen desire to solve business problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data. You will propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you. Lastly, you must bring not just an analytics-orientation, but the ability to use analytics to drive key success metrics and revenue generation.
- Have a deep understanding of customer lifecycle, segmentation and migration
- Perform analytical deep-dives to identify problems, opportunities and specific actions required
- Partner with Campaign Specialist to design tests and measure effectiveness of tests implemented.
- Extract actionable insights through analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional customer behavior data sets
- Producing basic data visualizations
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Keep aware of data inconsistencies and work with IT and/or data labs teams to ensure feeds working as expected
- Brings disparate sources of data together in a uniform manner
- Partner with Tapestry data labs team on analytical projects when necessary
- Experienced on the commercial side (fashion or retail a plus), and decidedly "hands-on" and not just theoretical.
- Proven track record of being able to work independently with the business stakeholders with minimal direction and proactively engage with them
- Excel at making complex concepts simple and easy to understand by those around you.
- Expert level SQL experience, experience with R or other programming language
- Experience with quantitative techniques of regression, multivariate analysis, and statistical significance testing
- Experience with BI tools
- Experience with Google Analytics, and/or Omniture, Coremetrics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. i.e., translating complex concepts into layman's terms and influence both peers and senior leadership
- Works well with cross functional departments
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.