dc Area Manager - 2nd Shift
Country : USA
State : Ohio
County : Franklin County
Town : Columbus
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility across multiple activities (receiving, picking, packing, shipping)
- Demonstrates and set expectations in line with Designer Brands leadership competencies including: Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, and Humility.
- Manages safety, security, inventory, productivity, and cost/service metrics through proper KPI's and reporting.
- Systems interaction encompasses management of transactional activities as well as exceptions management, planning and distribution flow through the facility.
- Develops and implements processes and procedures that meet organizational requirements.
- Supports cross functional communication between internal and external partners to drive innovative solutions.
- Working knowledge of all systems and material handling automation through collaboration with IT, Maintenance, & Engineering resources.
- Makes tough and timely decisions
- Provides timely associate administrative controls, feedback and hold teams accountable
- Strong leadership presence while remaining team focused
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Systems and informational management skills are at the moderate to expert level
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook
- Effective Verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Business Concepts
- Knowledge of Supervisory and leadership skills
- Previous experience with Manhattan Warehouse and Labor Management Systems are preferred
- Bachelor's degree in related field, preferred