dc Controls Technician
Country : USA
State : California
County : Kern County
Town : SHAFTER
Category : IT - Web
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Exhibit the ability to troubleshoot and perform basic design of PLC logic, operator interface terminal, energy management systems and electrical installations.
- Statistically interpret and improve automated system's performance parameters, at macro/micro level.
- Perform Preventive Maintainance for controls and systematize electrical/control parts inventory.
- Coordinate with vendors, installation of electrical or controls; as instructed.
- Maintain accurate record keeping such as: work orders, timesheets, parts requests.
- Maintain parts procedure and inventory control
- Analysis and Judgment
- Quality of Work
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
PLC Skills: Familiarity with RS Logix 500 and RS Logix 5000 instruction set and intermediate proficiency in writing logic.
- Ability to use Relay Ladder Logic and Functional Block Diagram Editor
- Possess a functional understanding of configuring closed loop control utilizing PIDE in FBD Editor
Fieldbus Network Skills: Familiarity with design and implementation (hardware and software) for the following networks:
- Universal Remote (I/O) Network
- Sercos Interface
Additional Special Skills Required:
- Functional knowledge in configuring instrumentation, referring to manufacturer documentation.
- Strong ability to read manuals and understand functionality of instrumentation and use of configuring software.
- Functional (intermediate) understanding of electrical circuits, in reference to industrial automation.
- Familiarity with current National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to use process meter and operate oscilloscope.
- Functional familiarity with HVAC principles for Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Knowledgeable in the assembly of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, robotic operation and vision systems and the ability to assemble new equipment; and modify existing manufacturing equipment.
- Connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes, including climate control, security and communications.
- Understanding of 3 phase distribution and 3 phase power transmission system.
- Firm grasp on testing 3 phase related equipment 480v and below.
- Energy management (BMS) software and hardware familiarity.
- Clear understanding of power systems grounding and safe grounding practices.
- Familiarity with Motor Control Center (MCC)
- Understanding of Arc Flash Hazard.
- Familiarity: electrical construction and configuration (hardware/software) of basic electrical components used in automation systems: Solenoids - Beacons - Proximity Switches, etc.
- Understanding of PLC Hardware: Pico Controllers, MicroLogix 1500, CompactLogix, ControlLogix and SLC 500 systems. 1794 Flex I/O system.
- Familiarity would be a plus with: WAGO-I/O System, Siemens Simatic Step 7, Controller Area Network (CAN), B&R X67 I/O system.
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as scheduled.
- Exhibit the ability to work independently, safely and with limited supervision.
- Must place the utmost importance on working safely, and maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others, at all times