dc Intern - Dallas, tx
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Dallas County
Town : Dallas
Category : Retail
Contract type : Internship
Availability : Full time
There is a lot of work happening behind the scenes to keep ULTA Beauty running smoothly and efficiently, and our distribution centers are integral to the company's overall success. Thousands of products make their way to our stores and e-commerce customers from our distribution operations. We currently have five 300,000+ square foot centers in Romeoville, IL; Fresno, CA; Greenwood, IN; Dallas, TX and Chambersburg, PA. We continue to make investments in supply chain, facilities and technology.
In preparation for our summer internship program, we are seeking applicants for our Dallas, TX distribution center. In this paid position, you will assist our Leadership Team with a variety of projects while gaining real-world experience and exposure to the daily operations of a retail and e-commerce distribution center.
These on-the-floor, warehouse experiences will include:
- Helping to identify operational opportunities through observations
- Collect and compile data
- Data analysis and improvement recommendations
- Solving practical problems
- Project management and team collaboration
- Learning how to lead a diverse team to meet a shared objective
- College students in their Junior or Senior year, currently enrolled in classes this term or the following and able to provide proof of class registration. Solid academic record.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to work independently with guidance from Intern Operations Manager.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and quantitative means.
- Developed communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to commute to distribution center - must have transportation.
- Ability to work during core day shift but, spend time on other shifts to gather information.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week.
Please attach a resume to your application.
Highlight any experience you have gained through previous work opportunities, academic projects or activities that have helped to prepare you for a distribution internship. For example, perhaps you have gained experience conducting research, analyzing data, organizing events, creating spreadsheets or complex documents, utilizing certain programs or technologies, etc.