dc Maintenance Manager
Country : USA
State : California
County : Riverside County
Town : Moreno Valley
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE:Manage all functions pertaining to facilities maintenance, inclusive of preventive maintenance programs, repairs to the building, property, and all material handling equipment. Control of maintenance labor budget and G&A expense for all budgeted items in the "maintenance" and "utilities" accounts. Control expenses related to "other services" sub accounts of landscaping, rental equipment, pest control, snow removal, janitorial, waste management and fire system maintenance and certification. Review and recommend changes to existing material handling equipment and all proposed construction projects. Ensure timeline compliance and quality of work for all external construction projects. Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relation's environment which remains issue free.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage all maintenance functions for the distribution center and hotels. Train and develop maintenance personnel. Cover Maintenance personnel over a 3-shift operation.
- Oversee the maintenance of all operating equipment. Enforce proper turn time of preventive maintenance schedules. Ensure timely response to critical maintenance issues throughout the distribution center property. Review Facility Work Requests and prioritize the workflow. Track equipment downtime, project hours, preventative maintenance status, and produce electronic reports.
- Manage the maintenance of all required back stock of maintenance supplies while minimizing inventory levels through strong supplier partnerships.
- Manage janitorial services throughout the distribution center and hotels.
- Review, recommend and enact changes to ensure contractual compliance to budgeted accounts to include: landscape, cafeteria, rental equipment, pest control, snow removal, waste management, and fire system maintenance accounts. Review and reduce expenses for these accounts.
- Manage the coordination of all construction projects and internal changes to facility, property and equipment. Work with engineers on implementation of equipment layout changes for Standards and Incentive Program. Ensure timeline compliance, quality of work and all safety standards are in compliance.
- Generate Capitol Expense Requests, make recommendations and coordinate project using both internal and external resources. Ensure maximum use of energy management system to reduce utility expenses.
- Active membership and participation with the safety committee to ensure strong partnership on all safety issues throughout the property.COMPETENCIES:
- Analysis & Judgment
- Technical / Functional Competence
- Planning and Organizing
- CoachingQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 8-10 years of maintenance experience in large distribution center and/or manufacturing environment.
- Technically proficient in the care and maintenance of distribution conveyor and sortation systems utilizing a strong background in mechanical, electrical, machine controls, and pneumatic equipment.
- Ability to review and critique schematic diagrams.
- 5 years of proven supervisory skills
- In-depth knowledge of state of the art distribution systems.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Detailed understanding of OSHA standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of state and local regulations and code requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient PC skills including Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software and the Microsoft Office suite inclusive of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Maintenance Supervisors