Demand Planner - Speedo
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : Cypress
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
It's watching a baby in the pool for the first time or our athletes make history. The genuine love and excitement we have working with the water is what creates exciting and meaningful relationships. What we do is sacred to us and is our connection to the rest of Team Speedo. Driven by the challenge, not the glory. At Speedo, it is never enough to be good at what you do; you have to love what you do.
As the Demand Planner, you will be responsible for generating and maintaining a 36 month statistical baseline forecast, integrating into it market intelligence from collaborative partners, and publishing it to be used in supply and financial planning for eCommerce accounts.
You will be the single source owner of the performance of Speedo's eCommerce accounts by monitoring, managing, and reporting variances of actual demand forecasts versus sales forecasts. You will have continuous communication with the supply chain team to review changes in the demand forecast in order to help maintain optimal inventory levels.
You will depart from the B&M reconciliation process to develop and execute the planning strategies and processes that result in high forecast accuracy and on-time order fulfillment for the unique demand behavior of Speedo's eCommerce businesses. In addition, you'll drive long range, annual and seasonal categorical and product-type opportunity analysis and demand forecast strategies.
The net result should be increased order fulfillment through forecast accuracy, greater profitability and improved inventory turns.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Timely follow the monthly process to develop and publish a 36-month rolling demand forecasts in units and dollars, which becomes the basis for operating plans and financial projections.
- Generate and execute weekly inventory analysis for ecommerce account order approvals, forecast consumption and ATS need.
- Analyze historical demand, filter out outliers/exceptions, identify the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm, develop base plan, understand variance, propose improvement opportunities, communicate consensus, and incorporate demand signals into forecast.
- Manage forecast by exceptions utilizing demand planning tools and reports to identify areas of highest volatility and error.
- Analyze and maintain size scales in the forecasting system to communicate appropriate sized forecast to the inventory planning team.
- Collect past/future demand factors (distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products and promotion plans, for example) from sales and merchandising and forecast/model their impacts on demand.
- Interact with sales, merchandising and operations to understand and interpret the potential impact market trends and demand drivers can have on demand, and adjust the statistical forecast to reflect those impacts.
- Lead the monthly consolidation of forecasts across teams so that demand review and new product reviews are conducted as part of the integrated business planning cycle.
- Participate in monthly collaboration meetings with supply chain to review published forecasts, resulting buy plans, and issues/opportunities to optimize inventories and increase sales.
- Analyze forecast accuracy & bias, develop enhancements to improve results, test, document, and re-cycle continuously. Show continuous improvement in forecast accuracy across various lead time lags.
- Report and manage variances of annual, seasonal, and monthly sales budgets at different levels
- Champion demand planning best practices and support continuous improvement in the forecasting and collaboration processes.
- Ability to influence senior leaders in department and division with the analysis you provide.
- Analytical mind comfortable developing data scenarios, variance analyses, and causal (basic) models.
- Advanced knowledge of Spreadsheet software (Excel).
- 5 plus years of professional experience in demand planning, business planning, or supply chain planning roles with touch point in commercial and financial analysis.
- Consumer products company experience preferred, especially a fast moving consumer goods in ecommerce channel business highly desirable. Apparel or like product planning not required by highly desirable.
- 2-4 years of experience with a leading forecasting solution / tool; preferably JDA Demand or Demand Solutions, or relevant experience with similar modules such as SAP APO, Manugistics, Logility Demand, Steelwedge, Kinaxis, Oracle.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related Quantitative field.
- APICS, IBF Demand (CPF) or CSCMP certification not required but highly valued