Design Director - Denim
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
- Determine the brand's seasonal fashion direction and direct the creation of original concepts that encompass style, color, print, pattern and fabric.
- Ensure that the collection meets the fashion and quality requirements consistent with the brand profile.
- Oversees the initiation of product packages through technical design team.
- Communicate the brand business strategy to other design divisions and to senior management in product management and merchandising.
- Shop print studios and fabric mills to define print direction for the season and develop fabric, yarn and trim strategies appropriate for the brand.
- Travel as needed, shop appropriate markets and work with the trend office and product and design team to conceptualize the product design for the season.
- Direct the development and makes seasonal merchandise presentation of proposed designs, including boards, original or prototype samples, and other visuals.
- Oversee the approval of strike-offs, handlooms and knit-downs and all approvals for fit, style and construction.
- Provide leadership, management and development of the staff and leadership to the Division through product category expertise.
- Develop and ensure adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action Calendar.
- Must have 10 years Denim experience
- 10 - 15 years' experience in design product and fabrication knowledge; emphasis on collection.
- Working knowledge of the technical aspects of the assigned category.
- Well versed in print and pattern.
- Experience designing around concepts and flat sketches.
- Proven technical and computer skills.
- High taste level.
- Strong ability to work in and motivate a team with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong business acumen.