Design Director - Female Active
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
- Sets overall direction in the conceptual development of product lines.
- Consistently seeks out Global Innovation.
- Fully responsible for managing staff in all aspects of entire product design process to include market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, specing and fit.
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates staff.
- Responsible for managing and providing creative direction to design staff.
- In conjunction with Product Development management, responsible for visualizing and determining strategic direction of business; accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/company.
- Fully responsible for ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
- Oversees selection of fabric and trim.
- Fully responsible for identifying and executing opportunities for process improvement through immediate staff members.
- Provides overall recommendations and sets tone regarding style and fit of product(s) during presentation.
- Ensures consistency of look between differing businesses (e.g., adult/kid, accessory/apparel
- Excellent leadership/management skills.
- Ability to set overall creative tone and lead creative design process.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Proven excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with managerial issues (ie career development, performance management).
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- Minimum of ten years design experience including 4 years of managerial experience.
- Ability to use personal computer.
- Frequent travel is required.