Design Director Young Adult/Gen z
Country : USA
State : Washington
County : King County
Town : Seattle
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
The Director will work in partnership with the Design leadership team to create the continuous DNA of the brand.
- This role will need to straddle the strategic and creative worlds by collaborating with cross functional partners and leaders to deliver the best products at the best price that are unique to Nordstrom's brand handwriting for the young adult/Gen Z customer.
- Supports Design Leadership in building creative vision for their area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the development of Nordstrom's product ideas by combining knowledge of the competitive landscape with a strong eye for fashion trends observing details and seeking inspiration from the runway and macro trends.
- Establish a raw material platform to support speed to market for off shore and Domestic partners. Work with merchandising partners to develop styles to test and react.
- Direct and lead the strategic point of view across all product categories and end uses to create merchandising opportunities with consistent visual alignment.
- Direct and curate visual tools, presentations and processes for Color & Print, inclusive of physical & digital resources seasonally that incorporates Trends + Insights.
- Actively participate key product development milestone events to ideate, develop and curate product vision.
- Contribute to the development of Nordstrom's product ideas by combining knowledge of the competitive landscape with a strong eye for fashion trends observing details and seeking inspiration from the runway and performance.
- Ensures omni channel opportunities are achieved with success through color, print/pattern excellence creating a cohesive expression of the brand.
- Work closely with design and product development to ensure great fitting quality product reflective of the design intent.
- Strong understanding of Denim process, fit and finishes
- Effectively select, coach, manager and develop a high performing team.
- Provide leadership, management and development of the staff and leadership to the Division through product category expertise.
- Develop and ensure adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action Calendar.Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience - 10+ years of experience; 5+ years of management experience; ideally working in a high growth business and have a performance background, with deep expertise in textile and color design.
- Excellent at setting priorities, fostering cohesion and inspiring cross functional teams
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across a senior leadership team.
- Willing and able to travel to the market as needed.