Development Manager IT, (Retail Technology)
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : IT - Web
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
- Lead a team of technical implementation resources focusing on technology delivery.
- Collaborate with IT project managers and partners to coordinate roadmaps and resource allocation for projects, and be a close stakeholder in planning and coordinating efficient delivery.
- Is responsible for the timely delivery of projects on budget.
- Have a forward-thinking mindset with execution at the forefront, and strong people skills relating to leadership of high-level team members.
- Manage resources who are assigned to multiple projects, establish delivery criteria, and manage status reports/metric to track progress against strategic priorities.
- Have a strong opinion on how an SDLC are structured.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the team.
- Is comfortable leading a polyglot team of specialists that are experienced in iOS, Android, HTML5, SQL. .NET and Java.
- Set standards for the team and metrics by which the team will be managed against.
- Facilitate code reviews.
- Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
5-10 years of experience in a leadership role focusing on retail technology delivery
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in technology field
- 7+ years technology experience
- Background in project management/program management a definite plus
- Experience with leading people, with previous team leadership references
- Experience with delivery pipeline methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, DevOps, etc.
- Experience with vendor management and working closely with key 3rd party strategic partners
- Experience managing a budget, both capital and operating expenses
- Previous experience building a team with referenceable delivery criteria
- Exposure and understanding of modern integration tools and standards
- Understanding of modern web architectures using MVC approaches
- Understanding of iOS / Android frameworks
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles and best-practices
- Comfort working in an agile and waterfall environments.
- Exposure to Github
- Comfort working with remote teams