Digital Design Director, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Online
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Ecommerce Art/Design Director is responsible for the creation of the look and of all Ecommerce assets and programs, globally. The Art Director is also responsible for helping concept content that feeds our global ecommerce sites. Strong candidates will have experience with in-depth image research; the conceptualization and production of photoshoots; a thorough knowledge of luxury brands and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Conceptualize, execute and direct design for all Bobbi Brown ecommerce sites, including desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Responsible for concepting and storyboarding video content
- Maintain visual and conceptual consistency with offline brand strategy for collections and apply to all interactive mediums; maintain awareness of future programs and initiatives and how they relate to overall creative strategy.
- Exhibit a broad understanding of the digital media market, leading trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Communicate design goals and messages to creative participants, ensuring integration of design requirements into all phases of production.
- Meet with the Creative Director to forecast art, design and production needs, receive assignments and overall creative feedback.
- Be responsible for the management of the designer and freelance designers, working closely with the Creative Director to ensure efficiency in the design process as well as establishing strong communication within and outside the group.
- Inspire and share cutting edge knowledge and ideas with others
- Manage others while handling his/her own projects
- Alert Creative Director of potential concerns, including creative challenges, deadlines, staffing, etc.
- Conceptualize photo shoots with Creative Director and provide art direction for photographers on set and on location
- Assists in sourcing and managing third party partners/vendors including photographers, videographers, developers, designers, online advertising agencies, etc.
- BA or BFA preferred
- 8+ years minimum of digital design experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and basic knowledge of Flash, HTML, CSS
- Thorough and current understanding of ecommerce and designing for the various ecommerce formats
- Exhibit a broad understanding of the digital marketplace, leading trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Must have a keen eye for detail, luxury and appreciate fine art photography
- Must be comfortable giving presentations in front of senior-level management
- Must have proven strong design skills, especially with solid knowledge in layout, typography and storytelling/editorial concepting
- Ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines
- Superior organizational skills
- Understanding of current fashion trends
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.