Direct to Consumer Buyer - Fashion Industry
Country : USA
State : Wisconsin
County : Kenosha County
Town : Kenosha
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
This is an in person role working out of our Kenosha, WI HQ. Employment visa sponsorship is not offered for this job opening.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Direct to Consumer "DTC" Planning Team to develop assortment plans for all women's product offered in the DTC channel
- Time to market responsibility.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams including planners, channel marketing (store visual, site merch, direct mail) and social teams on a variety of responsibilities
- Monitor and guide the entire product life cycle with business unit - planning to tactical activities.
- Communicate seasonal merchandising strategies to key functional areas to focus the team towards a common goal
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information
- Evaluate and drive category performance including sales growth, productivity, margin, sell-through and other key metrics to maximize results
- Drives and executes product assortment strategies to deliver sales and margin forecasts
- Identify opportunities to influence product performance, including product assortment, pricing, promotions, site merchandising, and in-store visual
- Coordinate with store, training, and marketing teams to maintain accurate in-store execution of product assortments along with training tools to support store associate knowledge
- Analyze style, color, silhouette, and category selling to identify and communicate opportunities and trends with the team
- 5 + years of experience in buying or business related equivalent.
- Experience buying apparel is strongly desired
- Strong working knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analysis, detail orientation, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- eCommerce and online shopping experience.
- Ability to travel
In return for your expertise, JOCKEY offers a competitive and comprehensive flexible benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/Life/Vision, 401(k), educational support, paid Volunteerism program, fitness club discounts, onsite health & wellness programs, generous employee discounts, a business casual work environment, a challenging work environment, summer hours, and exciting career growth opportunities!
Follow us on LinkedIn! To find out more about our history and what it's like working at JOCKEY, visit us on Pinterest!
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 262-658-8111, or send a facsimile request to 262-653-3014.