Director, Accounting Operations
Country : USA
State : Ohio
County : Franklin County
Town : Columbus
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advises management in developing processes and standards to support compliance with accounting and reporting requirements of the organization.
- Interacts directly with business leaders and executive management to support business initiatives and acquisitions.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly financial close process.
- Responsible for the execution of internal controls over financial reporting and remediates identified deficiencies in a timely fashion.
- Supports external and internal reviews/audits.
- Strategizes and executes changes in response to IT upgrades and enhancements, new business initiatives, acquisitions and new accounting standards.
- Supports the SVP Controller for the development and presentation of Audit and Board materials.
- Ensure systems and talent infrastructure is optimized to allow for accurate and timely execution, accounting, reporting and auditing of complex and multi-faceted core business processes and systems.
- Continually seek to improve and evolve the infrastructure to support a growing and evolving business.
- Directly oversee and develop departmental managers while fostering an environment of empowerment and accountability.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Working with complex financial systems, processes and controls
- Prior experience managing staff, managing multiple levels of staff preferred
- Experience with the Retail Inventory Method of Accounting is preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting
- Team leading and developing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong PC proficiency, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong Finance, System and general business acumen
- Prior management experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance