Director Category Marketing
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Denton County
Town : Denton
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Combine marketing thought leadership, an understanding of our capabilities and objectives and strategic direction to support key categories across Sally Beauty.
- Work with consumer insights, analytics, cross-functional teams, key corporate and divisional stakeholders to clearly highlight opportunities and challenges within the key categories.
- Improve ROI from segment marketing activities by defining quantitative metrics to measure and optimize all areas of the function.
- Own marketing strategy and briefing for internal and agency partners creative development, media campaigns, retail merchandising and digital/social media presence.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Lead the innovation to market process through cross functional team. Define objectives, strategy, rationale and KPIs for all promotions. Ensure on-time, on budget and seamless rollouts to stores
- Develop category marketing communication strategy through all consumer touch points - within stores and outside via advertising, local marketing, digital, social and more.
- In partnership with merchandising effectively articulate and present monthly/annual strategic initiatives to Senior Executive teams.
- Manage team while providing development opportunities-seeking feedback, resources and tools to continue to build and improve skillset on an on-going basis. Includes IDP development and execution for direct report and self.
- 10+ years in marketing, retail marketing is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong project management and planning skills
Knowledge of current trends in the industry/category
- Customer centric, brand steward
- Strong communicator
- Collaborative and flexible
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Poised, composed, credible, good judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- High energy with a strong sense of urgency
- Drive to perform/deliver
- Results oriented
High proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook