Director, Creative - Mac Travel Retail Worldwide
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
beauty - delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences,
inspiring them to express their individual beauty. MAC is the world's leading professional MAKEUP AUTHORITY
because of our unrivaled expertise in makeup artistry. MAC celebrates
diversity and INDIVIDUALITY - all ages, all races, all sexes. MAC is a proud
COMMUNITY of professional makeup artists. MAC is at the forefront of
TRENDSETTING, collaborating with leading talents from fashion, art and popular
culture. MAC believes in SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, with VIVA GLAM and the MAC
AIDS Fund at the heart and soul of our unique culture. Aboutthe Job
Director, Creative will strategically align with the
multi-functional areas in M-A-C TR to create assets to address the channel
needs for all Travel Retail environments regarding special collections,
launches and visualization. Position
will lead the creative development and strategy of all assets to support TR
defined business objectives. Director
will align with TR senior leadership team to prioritize projects and partner
with cross-functional teams in TR, Global and regional teams to ensure output
adhere to brand and channel guidelines and reflects brand equity. Director, will create and present the TR creative strategy
and vision to senior leadership to drive the business and create brand awareness.
- Developall channel specific campaign assets to support Marketing and Visual Merchandising.Create and adapt assets for 360b campaign launch to use across global channels and platforms.
- Collaboratewith Global Brand to localize global campaigns and creative development suitablefor the Travel Retail channel and TR regional needs.
- Support the development and creation of new assets to be featurein Project Z that are traveling consumer targeted and digitally led (In-storecopy, video content, messaging)
- Partner with creative and executional agencies as needed todeliver 360 campaigns specific for the channel
- Partnerwith the Assistant Manager of Creative Operations to understand the prioritiesand timelines for all programs, campaigns and launches; Prioritize workflowaccordingly
- Collaboratewith TR senior leadership team (SVP, Marketing and VM leads) to explore currentvisualization calendar for all three regions (APAC, Americas, EMEA)
- Creative campaign and evergreen guidelines to support the brandinside the channel (Examples: Promotional, Logos, Evergreen imagery crops,Brand Book, etc)
- Responsiblefor adapting Global Programs to accommodate to the TR needs as a 360 (launchassets; consumer marketing, VM, retail events)
- Partnerwith TR consumer marketing manager, VM manager and Events manager to developTravel Retail exclusive campaigns
- Conceptualize,produce and execute multiple create outputs per day across all social mediaplatforms and/or in-store experiences
- Workwith Assistant Manager, Creative Ops to review and consolidate Global Tool Kitsfor all launch programs/collections for all three regions
- Support360 team in the development of channel action plan and ongoing strategy
- ConsumerMarketing overall assets:
- Developsocial and online assets to support major 360 campaign in the channel
- Localizeglobal/agency artwork and master assets to the OOH needs of the channel (Animatedand Static)
- Amend/partnerwith Creative Operations to create content for Trend Imagery across In-store, Onlineand Social
- Occasions:Amend Global programs to TR mechanics and provide assets across In-store, Onlineand Social executional tactics; Create occasion creative suitable for thetraveling consumer, aligned to occasion calendar and priorities
- VisualMerchandising overall assets:
- Conceptualizeand develop Launch/Trend units: Artwork and Technical Drawings
- Createand Adapt in store take overs (EV, EM and Makeup Stations)
- Collaboratewith VM TR Manager to adapt inserts and visuals for in store tables (playtables and displayer tables)
- Createand adapt in store execution for Gondolas (end cap)
- Partnerwith Marketing, Visual Merchandising and Creative Operations to request andfollow up with the Global Brand the assets to support the Marketing Calendar(Lightboxes and LED visuals)
- Createand Adapt windows guidelines
- RetailEvent overall assets:
- Conceptualizeand develop Retail Events for the channel, engage agencies as needed
- Collaboratewith Events Manager to create and adapt events for Global and TR programs \#LI-SS2
- Highly proficient and proven Adobe Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- 3D modeling/rendering (SketchUp and/or other)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Sharepoint, Planner, OneDrive, etc)
Additional Skills and Attributes
- Provide design inspiration and guidance to the teams. Be a team player who leads by example.
- Pro-active, self-motivating, with effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task with agility
- Flexible and imaginative-can take direction, work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- An eye for detail. Outstanding design vision/sensibility. Must understand aesthetics and form, as well as materials and manufacturing knowledge.
- Solution driven. Be able to find fast and creative solutions for last minute projects.
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus, though not mandatory
- Ideal experiences include 8 years of proven creative role
- Bachelor's degree required in related fields
- Handling complex design projects in a fast-paced changing environment - from concept generation through implementation
- 5 years of graphic design experience
- Working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, creative environment
- Photography, design, video editing skills with a keen eye for taste level and unique executions.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and with outside vendors.
- Experience creating impactful, engrangin content for digital, social platforms. Voracious consumer of digital/social content, and early adopter of trends. Fashion, beauty/entertainment background.
- Ability to understand business objectives and execute
- Must be pro- active, solutions oriented
- Knowledge of the functions of marketing, creative, visual merchandising, operations within a cosmetics or other related industry
- Beauty/retail experience is a plus; International experience is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications, excellent presentation skills
- Agility and flexibility are key
- Solid understanding of print techniques and can show a portfolio of highly-polished production work and 3D renders of design concepts.
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape, particularly social plataforms (existing and emerging)