Director, Distribution Center Human Resource
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Fort Bend County
Town : Katy
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The successful DC HRD proactively identifies opportunities to optimize the organization - structure, size, workforce composition - in support of business outcomes; Provides leadership coaching and supports team effectiveness efforts with teams through direct and actionable feedback; Manages and drives multiple HR programs across the network of DCs in a fast paced and complex business environment while building capability within business and support leaders through change.
The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs within their respective DC, communicates needs proactively with Ross HR Partners, HR Management and Centers of Expertise. Responsible for maximum performance execution of HR deliverables and in creating action plans. Executes programs including, but not limited to, strategic workforce planning, talent and performance management, skill development and management training while providing partnership and support to related functions in Corporate and in Associate Relations. Responsible for driving HR process execution and consistency in Supply Chain management adherence to all HR practices; approves exempt-level separations.
- Oversee, facilitate and guide the Talent Management and Succession Planning and serve as consultant to Business leaders in all areas of Performance Management for assigned business units
- Generate, monitor and report out on DC business unit specific relevant HR Metrics including ensuring that staffing will meet productivity needs
- Collaborate with HR Partners (Other HRBPs, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Diversity, Equality & Inclusion and Total Rewards), Legal, and communications to deliver HR solutions that meet business needs.
- Partner with leaders to effectively manage and lead change in the organization, providing the right amount of transparency to Associates and giving leaders the right tools to lead change.
- Provide DC specific oversight of the Contingent Labor Vendor's production and processes and engage into the relationship when needed to provide high level guidance and liaison with Operations on provider accountability; Strategizes and implements short and long-term labor strategies for production workforce in partnership with HR COEs and third-party suppliers.
- Communication: Maintain productive communications linkages within Production and Support Departments that build relationships and guide value added HR services; Informs and partners with Corporate HR teams to enable actions that support Supply Chain objectives.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement in HR and within the business by establishing new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency.
- Total Rewards: Researches and benchmarks competitor wage and nonwage components; partners with Corporate compensation and leaders to execute Focal Process
- Training and Development: Facilitate and guide the DC new associate onboarding process for exempt associates, military and college recruits to include conducting appropriate and approved training programs; Partner and/or deliver soft skills training for management level associates as required;
- Works with leaders on initiatives to promote positive Associate relations.
- Guide, facilitate and lead as appropriate the MIT and SIT development initiatives
- Conduct exempt level exit interviews and provide appropriate consultation based on feedback to Business Partners
- Associate Relations: Assist HR Services with Director-level investigations; Engage and respond to exempt level unemployment cases and third-party inquiries
- Mentor the College Recruiting experience to ensure as positive an experience for program participants as possible
- Engagement: Facilitate and/or support HR and engagement-related programs at individual locations such as Open Enrollment, health fairs, associate recognition events (service awards, luncheons, etc.), focus groups, Town Hall meetings, surveys, action planning, and assimilation/team-building
- Support growth in the Supply Chain: assist as necessary in the opening of new Distribution centers across the network, to include development of internal talent for transfer, training external hires, training of HR teams at new DCs.
- Developing Teams & People
- Conflict Management
- Strong business and people acumen
- Building Effective Teams
- Verbal and written Communication
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Ability to Influence at all levels
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher
- 10 years relevant business unit experience
- SPHR(CA) or equivalent professional certification preferred
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Job requires occasional travel.