Director, Ecommerce, North America - dr.Jart+
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Director of Ecommerce will manage North America online marketing initiatives, including the online marketing calendar, paid media, affiliate, third party partnerships, merchandising, retention marketing, retailer.com and analytics in order to drive the business and deliver sales for Dr.Jart+ Online, North America. They will direct the day-to-day online operations relating to drjart.com's e/m-commerce with oversight responsibility for operating metrics and key performance drivers such as conversion, qualified traffic, new buyers, repeat buyers, sales, average order and units per order in addition to overall online P/L ownership responsibilities.
The person needs to have an in-depth understanding of web site usability and how to drive ecommerce sales through effective and cost-efficient marketing programs. An analytical and strategic thinker is required to deliver business results and to identify new business development opportunities. It is imperative that this person be familiar with marketing and technology opportunities that increase sales and consumer engagement.
The Director needs to have an understanding of how to drive ecommerce sales through marketing programs specifically with retail partners. An analytical and strategic thinker is required to balance program planning and execution with post program reporting. It is imperative that this person have very strong collaborative relationship competencies and thinks 'omni channel.'
Reports directly to the VP of North America with a matrix reporting line to VP Global Online. Manages at least one direct report and external agencies. Collaborates closely with but not limited to North America Sales and Marketing, Global Marketing, Consumer Engagement, Creative, Production, Finance, Legal and Customer Service.
Onsite Marketing & Merchandising
- Develop and implement the seasonal online marketing calendars to marry the Brand Sales and Marketing initiatives across e-commerce channels. Create online only content and events throughout the seasons which enable a best of brand experience for the consumer while meeting/exceeding the daily/weekly sales plans. Develop and manage the advertising and promotions budget for all such programs. Must understand usability and quality assurance testing in order to minimize customer service issues and time to market.
- Work closely with Marketing, Creative, Communications, Consumer Engagement, Education and sales teams to optimize offline advertising and partner relationships in order to drive online awareness and increase opt-ins and revenue.
- Partner with Inventory Planning to maintain appropriate sell through and merchandising of limited life items and forecasting of new product launches.
- Oversee on site merchandising and manage direct reports responsible for database management and on-site merchandising.
- Lead organic search strategy and partner with vendor to optimize traffic and sales through the natural search channel. Acquisition Marketing
- Oversee acquisition marketing strategy to deliver on sales plan and meet ROI goals; plan and execute SEM, SEO, Affiliate, paid social, re-messaging programs, and third party partnerships
- Develop new acquisition programs to drive awareness, engagement, and new customers to esteelauder.com.
- Identify testing opportunities and optimize campaigns accordingly.
- Forecast and deliver on volume, costs, and revenue targets for all acquisition programs.
- Optimize A&P (advertising & promotions) budget and customer acquisition costs
- Identify new business opportunities to drive customer acquisition. Implement all phases of programs. Execute all legal elements (negotiations, contracts, etc.)
- Oversee analytics/reporting and measurement to ensure programs deliver on ROI targets and to optimize marketing plan and channel strategy accordingly Retention Marketing and Promotions
- Responsible for commercial execution of the online vision.
- Work with in-house team and external vendor teams in order to achieve plan and Brand goals.
- Responsible for developing and implementing all email and partner programs. Develop and optimize cost effective ongoing database segmentation plans in order to maximize revenue and engagement while minimizing opt-outs and opt-downs.
- Manage growth and maintenance of consumer database. Meet monthly new opt-in subscriber goals. Develop programs to convert non-email subscribers to opt-ins.
- Develop customer communications strategy (i.e. visitor and customer surveys) to understand the impact of online engagement on offline sales and to continually improve the online experience by understanding visitor and buyer behavior and expectations.
- Lead external teams on special projects related to gaining a deeper understanding of the database. Make recommendation based on results and implement programs.
- Work with Brand Operations to take advantage of cost efficiencies for marketing and promotional programs. Oversee all promotional product forecasts. Online Retailers
- Develop strategy for new pure plays and overall distribution/channel environment
- Lead the growth of pure play accounts, when launched, and act as key account manager for each.
- Lead and assist with relationship development with online retailers (i.e.: sephora.com, etc.) at the strategy level and also at the executional level
- Drive retailer.com business to achieve sales and Brand goals (i.e. sales plan, rank, penetration, market share, etc.)
- Build programming and building blocks to achieve market share growth at each account, in collaboration w/ Acct Management team, inclusive of promotional, basic and new launch forecasting/planning and sampling
- Partner with North America counterparts to ensure synergies between online and offline
- Work with Creative and Digital Marketing to plan retailer specific asset requests for product launches, copy, images, GWPs, promotions, category features, etc. Provides all assets to retail.coms
- Oversee the creation and execution of all promotional activities and merchandising strategy as well as sampling by account and category (launches and repromotes).
- Maintain product launch calendar and side by sides for each retailer website
- Suggest opportunities to improve processes with retailer.com teams
- Own calendar and agendas for calls w/ retailers and internal teams as well as recap meetings
- Support implementation and QA of promotion plans for retail partners and measurement of online marketing/promotion success
- Gather data from retailers to supply site analytics and sales/program successes based on metrics set at the onset of campaigns
- Assist team in deck development for key meetings and business reviews
- Develop tools to track market shifts and changes in overall environment
- Must have a proven track record of 8+ years of online marketing experience. eCommerce experience strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to translate Brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision.
- Must have strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P/L management, merchandising, and marketing.
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Needs to be a creative and analytical thinker and problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.